Wednesday, November 21, 2012

No, I'm still alive...really.

Yikes, I blame the non posting on the heat. It's down to the manageable 70's here in the desert. Still a little too warm for Thanksgiving but much better than the 100's.

I was productive this summer. Great excuse to stay in the house and paint or GO TO HAWAII. Yep, I spent the month of August on Oahu. While I was there on family business I did have time to get out and paint. I also took a lot of pictures.

Ua Nani O Nuuanu
The picture above was done of Nuuanu Stream near the Queen Liluokalani Gardens.  Ted and I use to live near here when we were first married. 

Kailua Canoe Club 4ft by 4 ft
Private Collection
My friend Rhonda lives close to the beach in Kailua. Well, everybody lives close to the beach. She commissioned this picture because of the sand castle in the background.


Thomas Square
The fountain at Thomas Square was my go to place near the hospital. Not too many crazies.


Stairway to Heaven, Sunset 20 by 24
Sunset gives the best light. What a great way to see Kaneohe and Kualoa. The tail of the lizard.

Souzas
Didn't realize until after it was done that this picture is looking up at the Stairway to Heaven. In fact the highest point on the back ridgeline is where the Stairway picture was photographed from. And, they're both photographed about the same time of day. 

I'm working on a post of other new non-Hawaii pieces and will have that up in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment